Successes in the athlete’s own words:
Jenn S. -
1. What is your favorite memory at CrossFit Matters? :: 31 Heroes! It was my first time doing a competition, and it was for a great cause.
2. Why does the CrossFit community matter to you? :: It’s a place that I can go to work really hard, have fun and live a happier healthier lifestyle. It is truly a place where so many like minded people come together, and support each other in becoming more fit and strong…both mentally and physically.
3. How has your life changed since starting CrossFit? :: It’s changed in every way, for example, I have physically changed a lot, more confident in myself, differences in what I eat, my strength, endurance, more active in the community (have ran over 10 races), participate in local CrossFit competitions. Overall, just stronger and happier than I’ve ever been!
4. What have you been surprised by along the way with your CrossFit experience? :: My focus and endurance is stronger than I ever imagined. I have learned to live a healthier lifestyle…eating, better understanding of Paleo, and just everyday fundamental movements. One of the most surprising things is I no longer have the back pain I have struggled with for years!
5. What is your next accomplishment/goal? :: I want to continue to work on my technique and endurance. I would like to do a few course races and finish in the top 5%! As far as movement, pull ups and SDLHP
As always, thank you for all YOU do…you have made a huge impact on a lot of people’s lives, that in itself is such a HUGE accomplishment!
Ben W. on his first day at CrossFit Matters, “Yesterday was my first day of Crossfit… in less than one beautifully brutal hour, I found and old rival I’d forgotten about – myself. Courtesy of CrossFit Matters.”
Everyone of our athletes has experienced positive change within their lives. What began as the first workout has carried forth with each client’s determination and commitment along with the camaraderie and respect of our community where people at all age levels have become empowered to step beyond their comfort zone and into the light of possibility.
“Thanks for the warm reception—particularly from someone from new york. you’ve got a great facility, truly a great box with all the equipment. it was awesome being a visitor. more importantly—your coach and founder—is an an extraordinary teacher with a great soul. jim has got a great attitude, really well versed in his field, and a terrific teacher. i’ve been to many boxes over my travels in the last six months, he’s a uniquely positive individual. come say hello if you are ever in new york or hoboken, new jersey. would love to for the midwesterners to embrace our east coast CF vibe.”
Much Love Ted, thank you!
1000 W. 45th Street
Kansas City, MO 64111