Building a FIT Community in the heart of Kansas City
:: Three ways to get started with CrossFit Matters ::
One :: sign up for our Elements of CrossFit classes (below) :: Elements classes will start Tuesday, January 6th at 7:30pm and will run Tuesdays and Thursdays through the entire month.
January 2015 – Elements will begin on Tuesday, January 6th at 7:30pm
February 2015 – Elements will begin on Tuesday, February 3rd at 7:30pm
March 2015 – Elements will begin on Tuesday, March 3rd at 7:30pm
Two :: sign up for our FREE 10am Saturday Intro to CrossFit class through the form below – Saturday, January 3rd, 17th and 31st
Three :: do you have CrossFit experience? If so, please include your experience in the form below and we will schedule a movement assessment to expedite the process.
* If you would like to join, but can not make the Elements date and time, please fill out the form below and let us know about your schedule limitations. We will schedule a time that will work around both of our schedules.
:: Matt Chan shares his top ten reasons why you should try CrossFit ::
- Results - That’s what we’re all after right? Whether you’re after decreased body fat, increased muscle mass, improved triglycerides, or stronger bones, CrossFit produces measurable results that are visible in blood tests and in the mirror. Who doesn’t want to look good naked?!?
- GPP - CrossFit is a General Physical Preparedness program that prepares you well for life’s demands. No matter how simple the task, by practicing a wide array of functional movements, you’ll be increasing your longevity and independence. Gone are the days of “back and bi’s, chest and tri’s.” Welcome to a world where routine is the enemy and the certainty is change.
- Universal scalability - Whether you’re a professional athlete, out of shape, or a retiree, the CrossFit program is adapted to suit the needs of any individual. We scale the loads, repetitions, or even the exercises and produce the same fitness. Should Grandma do CrossFit? Absolutely! Will it look very different from a CrossFit Games-level athlete? Without a doubt.
- Neurological sufficiency - By practicing functional movements that are inescapable in daily life, you’re learning to move safely and efficiently. For example, though the deadlift might sound dangerous, any time you pick an object off the ground, you’re completing a deadlift. By practicing the movement, you’re wiring your body to perform the movement well.
- Mindset - CrossFitters experience many adaptations to the program, but one of the biggest is the adaptation that occurs between the ears. CrossFit requires hard work and hard work is uncomfortable. One of the greatest elements of CrossFit is the mental toughness that it creates and carries into all aspects of life.
- Off-season training - There are a lot of sports that people participate in that are seasonal (triathlon, skiing, climbing, football…) and require a sport-specific skillset. CrossFit is an amazing program for off-season training to improve fitness as a whole by developing cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, accuracy, agility, and balance. By bringing each of these specific capacities up, athletes perform better in-season.
- Community - Experience a community unlike any other. CrossFit at an affiliate, such as CrossFit Verve, is more than just exercise. You’ll celebrate personal records alongside other athletes (all participants are considered athletes no matter what level). You’ll have the opportunity to experience community events, such as Paleo potlucks, competitions (as a spectator or as an athlete), team events, learning workshops, and subject matter expert lectures. Or, you can just come in on an active rest day, and mobilize your tired muscles and chat with friends.
- Affordability - A point of contention for many people. There are several options for getting involved with CrossFit, from personal training ($$$), to small group training at an affiliate ($$), to working out on your own utilizing CrossFit.com (free!). The most common route is starting at an affiliate, where you’ll be taught the skills necessary to complete a WOD (workout of the day), be coached through a WOD, and then be cooled down. Try getting that for $150/month at a “Globo-gym.”
- A change of pace - Losing the excitement you used to have for exercise? Well, keep it going! Because the workout changes everyday, you’ll find yourself clicking refresh on your affiliate’s WOD blog (a guilty pleasure of all CrossFitters) each night until the new workout is released. You’ll find yourself getting butterflies in your stomach on the way to the gym and you’ll be rushing with endorphins as you leave.
- Fun - CrossFit is making working out fun again. This is the biggest point for most people. By combining elements from the list above, CrossFit will leave you sweating, smiling, and wanting more. Don’t believe me? Call a buddy and attend a free “intro class” at your local affiliate. Most allow one or two free drop-ins to get a feel for the culture at the gym. If you don’t like one, try another!
10% DISCOUNT :: Military, Fire, Police, Teachers, Nurses, Current Students and Couples (pay together)
:: Live a LIFE that MATTERS and reach your potential in 2015 ::
By design, CrossFit allows for a broad approach to fitness. No matter what your current level fitness is, what limitations you think you have, CrossFit is for everyone! CrossFit allows you to gradually develop your skills, discover your strengths, and constantly improve the weaknesses you’ve probably been battling for years – simply because no one has ever shown you the right way to do it. Come and find out why CrossFit Matters!
1010 W. 45th Street
Kansas City, MO 64111